Friday, August 04, 2006

To all my bowling supporters...


Thanks for the emails regarding the latest , well, I really don't know what to call it. I am recovering from being relatively upset about the whole ordeal.

There is so little to compete in as a (forced-into-retirement)professional bowler, and that being a full time SN an paramedic working 24 hours a week. The one "Big Tournament" ealrier this year I had to (once again) miss due to my school obligations.

So, I guess those in the bowling world assume I am fully retired. That I am not interested in competing anymore. Far from it. Given some time to prepare and get back into fighting shape," I love the point of execution. I love the teaching...passing on my knowledge. What I don't love is the politics of bowling. At no time has any part of the bowling world seemed united.

So, then hearing of a great opportunity earlier this year, I was awaiting to hear the call to come & play in LV, NV the end of August. Today, I had to hear about me NOT going from stranger on a discussion forum. Not even from the tournament promoter who I had so excitedly shared in his enthusiasm to create this event. Not even from my ex-boss at (the "Big Ball Company Sponsor".)

Not fun. So, again, thanks for your emails and your support. Yes, I should be there. Yes, I feel as though once again I am in limbo. (My medical friends wonder, I still DO that bowling thing? And my bowling friends want to know why I don't have more time to even bowl league right now.) Why am I writing this here instead of HERE. Well, because my bowling friends know of this little blog home of mine already, and it keeps the riff raff away from figuring out too much of my state of mind. Besides, it is school vacation, so this is my break also from blogging so much "schoolie" stuff.

May of '07 can't come quick enough...graduate, NCLEX, then 36hours a week of something substantial....and some time to get back to another part of my life which I love. And, which I haven't forgotten.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home